基糖測®喜悅 — 及早預防妊娠糖尿病
DForesee® Joy — Early GDM Prevention
It’s better to be prepared
Pregnancy and motherhood can be the greatest joy in life! But worries are inevitable. Getting to know your risk of developing Gestational Diabetes Mellitus (GDM) is easy with DForesee® Joy, our gestational diabetes test.
Developed to ‘keep you in the know’ with your saliva sample and personal health information, DForesee® Joy helps take care of your health before pregnancy, during early pregnancy and postnatal, something conventional blood sugar tests won’t reveal.
The results shall indicate:
● Safety first for you and your baby - precautions and a workable healthcare plan to follow prior to pregnancy to help reduce the risk of developing Gestational Diabetes
● Whether early oral glucose tolerance test might be necessary – to help inform early diagnosis and treatment of Gestational Diabetes
● Personalized pregnancy weight gain suggestion in accordance with the guidelines developed by the Institute of Medicine of the National Academy of Sciences
● Individualized postpartum weight control and blood sugar level recommendations with respect to your risk of having postnatal abnormal blood glucose - to get back in shape as well as to lower the risk of getting diabetes after giving birth
Do you know?
The Implications of GDM
● Excessive birth weight - may call for the likelihood of cesarean delivery or induced labour
● Premature birth
● Low blood sugar and episodes of hypoglycemia after birth – may cause seizures
● Increased risk of developing type 2 diabetes and obesity later in life
● Stillbirth though rare
● Daily blood glucose testing and/or treatment with insulin injections
● Increased risk of high blood pressure and preeclampsia– women with GDM are 7 times more likely to develop type 2 diabetes later in life.
● Increased risk of having GDM in future pregnancies
● Increased risk of developing type 2 diabetes
← 點擊查看基糖測®喜悅小冊子 | View DForesee® Joy leaflet